SafeScents | Mothball Pack

For
Cormack Packaging Competition
Description

Naphthelene, better known as "moth balls", is a common form of insect repellant used in a passive state. Solid naphthelene vapourizes at room temperature. Usage usually involves placing these in musty areas, especially in storage areas with minimal sun.

Moth balls have found their popularity with seniors. However, many are faced with the risk of over-exposure. Routes of exposure include inhalation, through skin, and ingestion.

For some individuals, short-term exposure affects blood cells, and repeated long-term exposure may lead to development of cataract.
Ingestion may lead to death, posing a threat to young children, where moth balls look deceptively like candy.